My first DIY on this blog! I'm going to show you how to make this awesome Christmas wreath. It's very, very easy and super cheap! I'm not very good at explaining things, so if you have any questions, don't be shy :)
- X-acto knife or scissors, as you wish
- Drafting compass
- Feather boa (I got mine from the dollar store)
- Thread (to attach bows)
1. Using the drafting compass, draw two circles. This will make the structure of your wreath! The diameter of mine is about 20 cm. Be careful when choosing the size of yours, since you might need more feather boas to cover the cardboard if you want to make a bigger wreath!
2. Cut it!
3. Wrap the feather boa around the cardboard. The ends of my feather boa had a small loop of string, so I used them to attach the boa to the cardboard.
4. Make bows and attach them to the wreath with thread. You can also glue them, if you prefer. I thought thread was less messy, but my laziness might have something to do with this choice... The glue gun was downstairs... far out from my reach. haha
5. Voilà! You wreath is ready! I cut stray feathers to give it a cleaner shape, but if you do that, be prepared to vacuum your work space ;)
Oh, and be careful if you hang your wreath outside, especially if your door is white. The feathers might stain it. This is definitely more of an interior ornament!